The Hawaii High School Athletic Association (HHSAA), founded in 1956, is exclusively dedicated to serve 96 public and private high schools as they work cooperatively to support and promote athletics as part of the high school education program. HHSAA also implements programs such as drug awareness workshops and leadership training seminars for coaches, officials and athletic directors. The association carries a proud history and has maintained a strong relationship with community and its schools.
The objectives of the HHSAA include:
- To promote the educational benefits of interscholastic athletics by increasing participation in a variety of sports.
- To administer and insure compliance, statewide, with established policies and regulations.
- To offer services to local leagues which can best operate on a statewide scale.
- To promote equitable opportunities for all students.
- To develop and manage resources to best implement the goal of the association.
The HHSAA is comprised of schools from the following leagues:
- Big Island Interscholastic Federation
- Interscholastic League of Honolulu
- Kauai Interscholastic Federation
- Maui Interscholastic League
- Oahu Interscholastic Association
The HHSAA provides the following services to its members:
- Conducting state high school championships in the following sports (Boys and Girls Air Riflery, Baseball, Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Bowling, Boys, Girls and Mixed Canoe Paddling, Cheerleading, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Football, Boys and Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Judo, Boys and Girls Soccer, Softball, Boys and Girls Swimming and Diving, Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Track and Field, Boys and Girls Volleyball, Girls Water Polo and Boys and Girls Wrestling).
- Host a comprehensive web site (www.sportshigh.com) which provides information on top athletes, records, rosters, statistics, photos, bulletins and general information for the media and the public.
- Provide game programs and press releases for state high school championships.
- Sanctions high school interscholastic athletic events.
- Conducts workshops and conferences for coaches, officials and student-athletes and provides assistance to leagues that promote sportsmanship and ethics to their membership.
For additional information or to serve as a volunteer, please call the HHSAA Office at (808) 800-4092 or view our web site at www.sportshigh.com