HHSAA and MaxPreps Partnership BackgroundThe HHSAA is partnered with MaxPreps to efficiently collect schedules, scores, rosters and team photos, to highlight member school information. MaxPreps’ industry leading platform provides schools with various desktop, tablet and mobile options to keep their team information accurate. Once team information is submitted to MaxPreps it will be automatically made available to the HHSAA.
-------------------------------- Frequently Asked Questions --------------------------------
1. What do coaches need to do? In order to accurately manage important HHSAA initiatives, such as regular-season league standings and postseason qualification, coaches are required to enter their scores into MaxPreps immediately after each game throughout the season, as well as enter their team rosters and team photos. Coaches also are encouraged to enter their statistics onto MaxPreps after each game.
2. How do coaches sign up to get free access to their administrative account on MaxPreps for the first time? Coaches or Athletic Directors can follow this link to become a MaxPreps member and follow the prompts to request their unique access code. Your one-time access code will identify you as the coach or AD with permission to your team/school account. You can enter this access code in the “Set up Admin Accounts” link of your member account profile page.
3. Can coaches allow a team statistician or assistant coach to help manage their team information? Yes! Once the coach has access to their team admin page, they can give other individuals access to their page to help keep their team information accurate.
4. What if I already have a MaxPreps account? Coaches and ADs with an existing account will simply need to continue submitting information.
5. What do Athletic Directors need to do? Athletic Directors simply need to clearly communicate with coaches to keep their scores and other team information updated on MaxPreps. ADs should direct any new coaches or coaches currently not using MaxPreps to contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or email@example.com, to sign up immediately.
6. Can Athletic Directors control their MaxPreps team pages, if desired? Yes. Athletic Directors can control every single team page from their free “School Administration” page on MaxPreps. While MaxPreps recommends coaches are responsible for their own team information, MaxPreps provides 100% free reporting, communication and school management tools for athletic directors, if desired. In order to gain access to your school administration page, please contact MaxPreps at 800-329-7324 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign up today.
7. Which sports are included in the partnership? At this time, football, boys and girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, baseball, softball and girls water polo are included.
8. What about other sports? Coaches from any other sports may still choose to use MaxPreps’ free platform.
9. Is MaxPreps compatible with other stat programs? In addition to MaxPreps’ own mobile, tablet and desktop tools, MaxPreps is compatible with more than 60 different stat companies across multiple sports. Click here to view MaxPreps stat partners.
10. Does MaxPreps have an app to manage team information? Yes, MaxPreps has the MPCoach app, which allows coaches to quickly update a score on their phone right after the game. Coaches also can manage their schedule, roster (including roster photos), team photos and send messages (including map directions) to their athletes in the app. The app also will alert coaches after games to remind them to enter the score on their mobile device. The app can be downloaded from the iTunes app store and the Google Play store.
11. How can fans participate with their teams? This season the HHSAA is encouraging all teams to assign Official Team Reporter responsibilities to a trusted program volunteer. The new MaxPreps fan app allows the program volunteer to provide live scoring updates on their mobile device during the game, to keep your high school community engaged and informed. All scores and updates will be available statewide on the HHSAA Scoreboard Widget. The app is available for iOS devices and Android devices.
12. Who can I contact with additional questions? Coaches and ADs may contact MaxPreps Hawaii representative Alisa Dancer at Alisa.Dancer@cbsinteractive.com, or may direct questions to MaxPreps coach support at email@example.com, or 800-329-7324 x1. MaxPreps also has a support website at support.maxpreps.com that can help answer specific questions such as how to enter a schedule or a roster, or how to upload a team photo, etc.