The Hawaii Interscholastic Athletic Directors Association is seeking an Executive Director to oversee its organization. See job description below.
Interested parties must submit a resume to HIADA President Deren Oshiro either via e-mail - email@example.com - or via fax - (808) 595-0296
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 29
HAWAII INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION
- Serve as the “face” and “voice” of HIADA through strong skills in public and media relations
- Serve as a liaison between HIADA, HHSAA, NFHS, and the NIAAA
- Communicate effectively with athletic administrators and school leaders throughout the state
- Plan and execute the annual HIADA Conference. This includes - but is not limited to – negotiating and securing contracts for hotel, public speakers, and vendors
- Oversee and maintain HIADA operations, including budget and finances
- Work Hours: Part-time and seasonal with the focus on planning and executing the annual HIADA Conference in early summer
- Mental Demands: Good judgment, alert, attention to detail, observant, effective communicator
- Physical Demands: Ability to travel to neighbor islands and to the mainland U.S. for meetings and conferences
- Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of HHSAA policies pertaining to student-athletes, teams, schools, and leagues. Ability to communicate effectively through face to face conversation, phone call, e-mail, or other electronic means. Ability to navigate social media to promote HIADA. Ability to work with a variety of people and bring people together.
- Education/Training: BA degree from a fully accredited college or university
- Experience: Preferably a current or former full-time athletic director of an HHSAA member school...experience as a league executive director and/or as a college athletic administrator is also helpful