Position Details:Duration: Seasonal, Winter 2019, Oct - Dec
Work hours: Monday through Friday, mid-afternoons (3:30 PM - 6:30 PM). Frequent weekends, variable times.
Punahou Athletics plays an integral role in the student experience. The philosophy of Punahou Athletics encourages student athletes, within the framework of the educational mission of the school, to be the best that they can be, to be the best team person and to be a true team player with the idea that this is what defines winning. The Athletics Department supports more than 120 teams in over 30 sports. Punahou’s athletic teams have enjoyed unparalleled success since the school was founded in 1841. The school also received notable recognition in Sport Illustrated as the top high school athletic program in the country. The coaching staff at Punahou School plays a significant role in the success of its’ Athletics program and the education of our students.
Punahou is actively recruiting a Head Coach for the Girls Intermediate Soccer team. The Head Coach will inspire, motivate, encourage and develop each student athlete, while teaching soccer techniques, rules, and strategies. The Head Coach will also teach and model sportsmanship, and develop a team system based on the unique ability of each student athlete. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a soccer team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
- College degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two (2) years of positive and effective experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a soccer coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful team or program preferred.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate or high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of in-season and off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.